Crash To Desktop During Gameplay!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

navidw

Solid State Member
Im having some major Crash to Desktop (CTD) problems with my PC. My PC has been recently Crashing to the desktop during gameplay, specifically with Battlefield 2 and Call of Duty 2. I either randomly crash to the desktop or i get the blue screen of death. It even does this after i re-formatted my PC, with all new fresh installs. I have also tested my memory and updated all of my drivers. Can someone please help me?

Im running:
Windows XP PRO SP2
Asus A8N-SLI Premiem MOBO
AMD X2 4400+ Toledo Processor
2 gigs of GEIL Memory
BFG 7800GTX OC 256mb video card
Zalman Heatsink
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum soundcard

It could be overheating, the system or the CPU or both. Do you have adequate air flow inside the system? A good CPU cooler?

Yea i have extremely good cooling. I have the Zalman CPU cooler, which keeps the CPU temp at about 35C. And i have about 9 120mm Fans running in my cooler master stacker. So my case is adequetly cooled. When i get the blue sceen of death it says its because of "NV4_disp.dll". So wutever that means. And the line after that says dumping physical memory.

What else is running? Not applications, but background stuff... antivirus, firewall, whatever.

When I play BF2, I have to kill my firewall (ZoneAlarm), Folding@Home, and ObjectDock, or I minimize to the desktop. If all of them are running, I crash to the desktop.

What you want to do is check your BIOS settings that affect your video card and RAM performance. Someone told me the problem was with settings in the BIOS that were incompatible with the card and RAM. Check the aperture size for example. If you donÂ’t know what each of the settings are you can compare it at this website that will tell you all about it. http://www.rojakpot.com/freebog.aspx?sort=cat#here

I really dont have much else running in the background. Like i said im running these games after a fresh re-format. So there isnt really much else running in the background that could effect the game. As far as the bios settings go, BF2 worked fine before on my PC. So im not sure if it really is the bios settings. I tried downgrading the Nvidia video card driver from 91.31 to 84.31. But that didnt seem to help very much either.

I recently contacted BFG and they gave me an RMA number, but before i send the card back i want to make sure that the card is the real problem. Im still suspicous that the problems is the new Nvidia card drivers, but im not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom