CPU usage constantly at 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
That indeed was my problem. The CPU usage is now at 0% steady. The only problem now is how to connect to the internet. Would I need a new wireless card? Should I just get some cat-5 and hardwire it? MY computer is close enough to the router I could hard wire it

As for anyone else readin this who have a 100% cpu using, or even an INCREDIBLY slow pc, just go to task manager (control+alt+delete) or right click in the taskbar(bottom of your screen), and go to the 'processes' tab. Then click CPU at the top of the list, and if theres one that has 100 or even like 95, then right click it and process, it will do no harm, if it's going to, it won't let you end the process.

I'm sure most people knwo to try that already. The problem is that Interrupts and DPC's don't show up in the task manager.

hinker, you can try uninstalling all the drivers for the adapter, removing it from the PCI slot, reinserting it and reinstalling the drivers (or updated ones if you can find them). That didn't work for me, and DLink Tech Support approved me for an RMA over the phone, he told me the card was defective.

I was having the same problem So I did the above advice.. This program taht is using the most of my CPU is something called ashServ.exe. This is part of avast anti-virus. Iwould like to keep avast running but this program is always at, at least 50 but goes up to as high and 99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom