CPU throttling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both moot with what Paton said. Customers reading other customer reviews will feel those others whining are legit because they have as little knowledge in the matter as the person posting the review. It's why I tell everybody specifically NEVER to read customer reviews and to go to trusted review websites to get the best information. There is no arguing with that because it's simply the best way to go if said user wants to broaden their knowledge on the subject. Reading reviews from somebody who knows what they're talking about rather than a bunch of whiners on Newegg or Amazon.

Both moot with what Paton said. Customers reading other customer reviews will feel those others whining are legit because they have as little knowledge in the matter as the person posting the review. It's why I tell everybody specifically NEVER to read customer reviews and to go to trusted review websites to get the best information. There is no arguing with that because it's simply the best way to go if said user wants to broaden their knowledge on the subject. Reading reviews from somebody who knows what they're talking about rather than a bunch of whiners on Newegg or Amazon.

Ok then Rodriguez what if you had a couple of customers come to you for a advice about a product there comparing.
Lets say they have a little bit of tech knowledge but not so good computer skills.
What do you do when they show you a review or 2 or many and some of those a reviews do make sense ?

Will you brush that off and go with whatever shines and looks best at first glance without knowing much about it or what problems it has.
Or take you time to explain compare and contrast and give the customer what they want and they keep coming back to you often.
Also returning customers bring back some pay to do blah blah jobs.

I like to hear your response only cory, everybody else stay out of it for now.

I'm certain of the 200+ reviews on egg, there are 5 or 6 that are legit. But most are from people who just bought the thing and want there say. Which is totally fine.

When you find something sounding legit, you then should go and use a proper review site to see if the issue infact is a real concern.

Customer reviews are usually just from people who found something, be it a 1 in 100 issue, and post their anger. the odd person posts something positive. Nobody posts proper reviews.

Must be a matter of perspective.
lets say that XX motherboard manufacture is selling a new zzz board, and 98 out of 100 reviewers on Newegg state that the sata 0 port does not work on this board....I would be one to consider that before I purchased that board

If noobs do not know what to get or can not discern, they usually come to forms like this one and get told to buy an i5 with a H81 board, low budget gets them a gtx750ti and money gets them a 980 gpu

Last edited:
lets say that XX motherboard manufacture is selling a new zzz board, and 98 out of 100 reviewers on Newegg state that the sata 0 port does not work on this board....I would be one to consider that before I purchased that board

Sure, but the odds of that every happening is non-existent. IF that was the typical or even 50 percent of reviews on newegg this would be a mute point. However, they aren't, and trying to make your point on that hypothetical situation is useless.

Sure, but the odds of that every happening is non-existent.

Back up for a sec so if any new or recent item is on the market and out 1000's of that item in stock in online stores.
Your telling us it'll work or not have any defects ?
Sorry but I am going to disagree with you, many items I purchased from newegg, pricewatch, amazon, zipzoomfly over the years.
I can assure you "SOME" of those may have had a defect, non working or doa.
Did I read the reviews ? hell yeah I did especially when I don't have cash to burn up.
Some people are on spot with reviews when something doesn't work and they give enough detail about it.
Especially if its 5 or more people stating that and that'll prevent people from buying quickly without making sure its stable and working right.

Back up for a sec so if any new or recent item is on the market and out 1000's of that item in stock in online stores.
Your telling us it'll work or not have any defects ?
Sorry but I am going to disagree with you, many items I purchased from newegg, pricewatch, amazon, zipzoomfly over the years.
I can assure you "SOME" of those may have had a defect, non working or doa.
Did I read the reviews ? hell yeah I did especially when I don't have cash to burn up.
Some people are on spot with reviews when something doesn't work and they give enough detail about it.
Especially if its 5 or more people stating that and that'll prevent people from buying quickly without making sure its stable and working right.

Nice selective quoting... Lets add to your quote where I said that newegg or amazon will never have 200+ reviews that are actually useful..
No where did I say anything can not be defective. If a product has 1000+ defective like you said, that products issues would have been caught before newegg sold thousands. I also said if the reviews were actually quality and about the actual products features and parts, yes, it'd be different, but as you selectively quoted, the odds of that happening is very remote.

Once again, you are trying to bring hypothetical situations into this conversation, and not dealing with the real situation.
Newegg is the Walmart of computers, people with varying amount of knowledge buy there.

I just spent 10mins reading reviews, and 90% are "Great board worked 1st try" 4/5 or "Color scheme a bit dated".

Those aren't reviews, those are opinions

Nice selective quoting...

Tell you what why don't all of us drop it ?
Besides that I grow very sick and tired of you, carnage and mainly pp running your mouths over topics that turn into debates that arent needed.
I'm tired of always trying to prove what I know against some guys who think they're smarter than everybody on here.

You don't like it speak with trotter and let him decide of what needs to be done.

Ok then Rodriguez what if you had a couple of customers come to you for a advice about a product there comparing.
Lets say they have a little bit of tech knowledge but not so good computer skills.
What do you do when they show you a review or 2 or many and some of those a reviews do make sense ?

Will you brush that off and go with whatever shines and looks best at first glance without knowing much about it or what problems it has.
Or take you time to explain compare and contrast and give the customer what they want and they keep coming back to you often.
Also returning customers bring back some pay to do blah blah jobs.

I like to hear your response only cory, everybody else stay out of it for now.
What? Are you saying what if they come in and show me a couple reviews off Newegg or something from other customers? If so, then I'd tell them exactly what I've been saying for years here. Go to Google, find a legit trusted review site and read what they have to say there. Not to mention I'll more than likely have knowledge in the matter and add my own input just like I do here. Nothing will change that.

If noobs do not know what to get or can not discern, they usually come to forms like this one and get told to buy an i5 with a H81 board, low budget gets them a gtx750ti and money gets them a 980 gpu
If that's the case and it's a manufacturer defect then a proper review on a trusted site will have mentioned it.

Tell you what why don't all of us drop it ?
Besides that I grow very sick and tired of you, carnage and mainly pp running your mouths over topics that turn into debates that arent needed.
I'm tired of always trying to prove what I know against some guys who think they're smarter than everybody on here.

You don't like it speak with trotter and let him decide of what needs to be done.
You were the one who decided you wanted to start a debate here about air vs water cooling when it wasn't necessary in the least. The user already has a cooler and we've already pointed out it's not a very good one. End of thread, but no here we are over 50 posts of nonsense.

I also don't see why you feel the need to continue beating a dead horse when we factually end the debate pretty much every time. You want to prove yourself? Stop making pointless arguments with the aforementioned members in your post, and quit making ignorant statements like what I bolded. That just isn't mature at all and it's this kind of crap that runs off new and potential permanent members of the board. Nobody wants to create a thread then have to sift through piles of crap just to find posts that actually help them. I mean seriously, air vs water cooling AND a review debate when this guys problem has pretty much been solved? He'd probably get better and quicker answers off of Yahoo! Answers or Youtube comments.

On that note it's also quite pointless to try and stir things up with me especially when I actually have proven here that I know my **** in hardware and have backed all my statements up with facts and sources including my own testing in certain cases. Don't get mad at me simply because I will stand my ground when it comes to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom