CPU temps with Zalman HSF

Status
Not open for further replies.

deagle

Solid State Member
Hey all,
First off I have a 3600+ x2 brisbane with a Zalman 9500 AM2 cooler.

I just built this computer, and I got this cpu with the intention to overclock it. I am having problems with my temps. I'm am pretty sure I mounted it correctly, with a dot of as5 in the middle. I know for a fact though, that my case does not have addaquete cooling. Therefore, I took off my side cover, for my temps.

speedshj7.jpg

As shown by this screen shot, Speedfan registers "temp1" as 45C. While "core" is a nice 28C.

Asus's Probe II registers the "CPU" as 45C - the same temp as speedfan's "temp1" (trust me - the reason its at 47 and 45 is because speedfan has a faster refresh. they are the same temp.)

What could be the problem here. Are my temp gauges just screwing up, or do I actually have a problem. I wanted to OC my cpu, so should I just pay attention to "Core" and ignore everything else?

If so, what would "temp1" be?

Thanks,
deagle

Hey deagle,
Welcome to T.F.!!

Those temperature readings look ok. Are these idle or load temperatures? I'm assuming idle, and it is a little warm for idling, but it's not in danger. If you get better case cooling, then everything should be fine.

Oh...I see you just built this. Well you have to give time for the AS5 to cure. It's high at first, but once it's cured, the temps should lower by 1-5 degrees. Just use your computer normally for the first week. Leave it on during the day, and turn if off during the night.

Thank you.

My main concern is - which is my REAL temp. Is "core" my actual temp (28c) or is "CPU" in probe my actual temp (45)

These are idle temps. I plan on overclocking so a 45 (even 40 after as5 settles) idleing is way too high for me.. I mean - a zalman 9500 shouldn't be giving me a 45 should it?

If so... I'd like to buy a new cooler

40C is definitely fine for idling temperatures. I guess it's a little higher than it should be, considering it's not overclocked, because you don't have adequate case cooling. If you did, than it should be lower.

I have a CNPS9500 as well, for my e6400. It's overclocked, and it idles in the 40s.

What do you have in your case cooling, by the way. Besides the side panel, being off.

Ambient temperatures, also play a big factor in your computer's temperatures.

My P4 rig at home runs at around the high 50's while it is folding. But then again it's a HP pavilion.

now...for the case cooling.

Would it be enough just to replace my two 80mm's with more powerful 80's and add a 120 exhaust?

That would be a good idea.

If I'm correct, you currently have a top 80mm exhaust, and a side 80mm intake?

Getting more powerful 80mm fans, might be a little noisier. I hope you don't mind that.

Isn't it possable to get quiet fans? I am sure I have seen some somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom