CPU Temps, Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yo1mcool

Baseband Member
I finally got my new rig up and running and the first thing I did was install CoreTemp.

It's telling me that the #0 Core is running at 38C and the #1 Core is running at 31C. (Both at 0% load)

Is it normal for one core to be that much higher than the other, or could it possibly be that the heatsink could be sitting wrong on the CPU?

Thanks!

Also, what are some other good programs to help monitor the status of your computer? (Temperatures, Fan Speeds, etc)

don't worry, it is perfectly normal for one core to be hotter than the other. In my q6600, the difference between core temps is usually 7-8 degrees Celsius. By the way, 30-40 degrees is pretty low temps for a CPU, what CPU u running?

Cant recommened any good programs for monitoring the status of the computer. The BIOS usually displays that information under 'system info' or something like that (temps, fan speeds, voltages etc). :)

Core Temp, ATiTool for GFX Cards, Everest, Belarc Advisor might be of interest to look into.

One core is usually hotter than the other as more system applications tend to run on one over the other. With dual cores it's usually Core #0, with quads it's Core #3.

It could also be your heatsink positioning or your CPU paste. Try RealTemp as well to get another reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom