Cpu temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well you work things up slowly and use programs like superpi and prime95 to make sure it is stable. you should only increase the voltage if it unstable. search the overclocking section for the FAQ thread i made a while ago and it has some info you might find useful including how to run prime95 on a dual core processor. you should run a divider of 1:2 to make sure it is not your memory that is unstable. 9/10 times that is the case. the only 2 overclocks i've ever had that blue screened on me were when 1) i accidentally set my processor voltage way too high and it overheated and 2) when my memory was incredibly unstable

i put my vcore at 1.425 and my cpu speed at 2.3 ghz and i still got the blue screen.. i dont understand those 2 programs, and i dont know how to see if its my ram stoping me, can you tell me how exactly to use superpi? you should be able to tell me pretty easily since you have the exact same cpu as i.

well i used my head and in the overclocking setting in the bios i saw the dram speed and it was set to auto, i put it on like 130 mhz. im at 1.42 vcore for 2.4 ghz.... tell me the specs of yours? im and im idling at 29 degrees celcius lol..

wow im at 2.4ghz with 1.36 vcore...

i dont want to push it too much, but if i stay at 2.4 ghz will i be fine? like will i burn my cpu up faster or..?

quite a while. there is no real way to answer that.

Q: How can i test the stability of my dual core?
A: Once again this can be done with prime 95. however to truly test the stability the program has to be run on each core. to do this open the program and also find out where it is located e.g C:\program files\prime95\prime95.exe. take not of this in type into the run option in start menu ["C:\program files\prime95\prime95.exe" -A1] without the brackets but including the quote marks, of course change the C:\ etc to wherever prime95 is stored on your computer. in the program click advanced>affinity. set one to cpu 0 and the other to cpu 1 and run a torture test on each. also i have noticed that there seems to be some trouble running blend on dual cores as one core runs at 100% and the other is barely used. my way around this is to use custom and specify a number in MB that is less than half your system memory. i use 300mb on each instance.

Q: How can i test the stability of my overclocked memory?
A: memtest86 is a great program for testing memory. just download it and make a boot cd. keep in mind to let it run through at least 3 passes

for prime95 i would set it to run "in place large FFTs"

lmao i just tried 1.475 with 2.6 ghz and it wouldnt even boot my bios, had to take the jumper off, but scared the **** out of me lol. ill stay with 2.4 ghz at standard vcore. appercaite it nite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom