Cpu temp a little high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diek45

Solid State Member
Hey I think, I'm not entirely sure.
I have a q6600 at 2.4 (Wish I knew how to overclock...)
And at idol its at around 45-55.
(It seems the first two cores run about 8-9 degrees hotter for some reason.)
My mbo is a P5E x38.
I'm getting these temps using coretemp
I just thought that with liquid cooling it would be lower, perhaps I was mistaken.
Kind of makes me scared of overclocking.
Btw if anyone can give me some info about overclocking that would be great.
Bios settings for my motherboard to overclock to 3.2 would be awesome if that would be possible.
Thank you and I appreciate any responses.

your temps aren't anything you really have to worry about, they're fine atm.
There's been a lot of threads already here which will help you with learning to overclock, just search the forum a little.

Yeah I wasn't exactly worried, just curious as to why it was that high, I've read in more than once place about people having their stock cooled (q6600) cpus running at around 30c naturally my 55c liquid cooled cpus peaked my curiosity.

wow, if you're running liquid cooling then it really should be lower.
Are you sure you installed everything correctly? 40c at idle on liquid cooling is too high. You should at least be in the mid 30's, if not low 30's.

Thus my confusion, yeah I'll have to open it up and check it out, though I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for, I didn't install the liquid cooler.

So...I feel like an idiot. I dusted out my computer, it was pretty bad, temps dropped to around 42-45 for 2 cores and 36-35 for the other two.
Though I think my video cards are running hot.
I get up to about 73 under load for both my sapphire radeon 3870s

What watercooling do you have? Is it a custom setup or an all-in-one type unit or what? Cheap watercooling units will usually perform on par or sometimes worse than midrange aircoolers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom