CPU temp to high...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Hawk

Baseband Member
I was just messing around in the Bios of my Compaq computer when I found the CPU temp. It says that the temp is 53c and it wasn't processing anything. Is this to high of a temp when it's idle?

P.S. I don't think I've ever looked inside of the case, so I don't know what's in it.

That's fairly high for an idle temp. Try opening up the case and use a can of air to clean the dust out.

Ok, I have diagnosed the problem... It's lack-of-fans syndrome. The only fan I found was for the heat sink, and it was a bit dusty. Should I consider getting a case fan for it?

Of course. Having just the CPU fan, there's barely if at all, any airflow. Get a case fan, and use it as an intake, to take in cool air. Clean the dust too, as it keeps the heat in.

Yea, just used an air compressor to blow the dust out. The cpu temp dropped 10c. There is a place to mount a fan in the back of the case, so I might get one to do that. Hopefully it will help. Anyways, should the fan be intake or exhaust?

The rear fan, should be an exhaust. You don't have a place in the front, for an intake fan?

you have to keep in mind the room tempurature as well as this will affect your computer temps. also the more powerful processors from intel run hot, so as long as it's not at 60 - 70 C it's not actually damaging it. but it doesn't hurt to bring it down, as it will last longer and work more efficiently. but don't worry that it's being damaged. at 53 C it's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom