CPU speed fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.
there has been a 12inc table fan blowing into my machine for a month now....hehe and my CMOS jumpers are correct

well..how do i set it back to normal? i dont want to leave it at 50% ..what should i set it to for normal??

Also, look for a large collection of dust on the heatsink it's self. That will help stop the heat from getting out.

if the Bios is flagged as setting the CP at 50%, then you can change it, but if the temp rises, it's going to set it back. You need to get the temp under control then you can deal with the bios settings.

/flail well ill look to buy a bigger fan getin these fat cables out of here and buyin a bigger heatsink...but ill probably have to come back and make a thread labled....How do you install a heatsink and not break your mboard open =p

take out the heatsink and look at the bottom of it and on the cpu for thermal paste, if there is. then stick the heatsink back on firmly and turn on your system.

also check the temps before you do this in the bios

well the temp in my bio is well below the red, and i dissabled the "thermal Throttling" and i still dont have my full prossesor power......?

can you post the inforatmion that is being shown in the BIOS? it's going to be a lot of stuff, but list is all the best you can. or make a document that contains it all and attach it.

Need to see what your settings look like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom