cpu running too hot????

Status
Not open for further replies.

razzobazzo

Beta member
Hi there all

Just a quick question, my intel celron 850Mhz processor is running at 52C. Is this too hot. I am getting a constant beeping from the motherboard. Am i right in saying the processor is too hot?

Cheers

Thanks for that. I am puzzled about this beeping, it gets increasingly worse until it starts to emit a siren sound. I am guessing that as everything is normal apart from the beeping/siren (i.e. you can browse the internet, download files, use ad aware etc etc) it must be either a mobo problem or overheating. On speedfan fan 1 was 3800 rpm and 52c, what was alarming was fan 2 0rpm 128c. fan 1 i know is cpu, but not sure about this second reading. On PC wizard it shows as 52c for cpua nd about 20c for hard drive. Oh yes, it is a socket 370 Gigabyte GA-6WMM7 rev 4.1

You can't always trust those type of programs. Look in the bios in the protection area and see what temp or fan speed is flashing or a different color and tell us what it is. You may have the temp warning level set to low.

like FlashDude said check ur BIOS because programs can sometimes give u bs. ur temps are suppose to be around the 70-80c unless u ran the program right away after cold boot.

80c is melt down temp. it should start out around room temp about 25c then not go up past 60c under normal load.

i guess i read my graph wrong, so i guess 80c is the limit or melt-down
thnx for correcting me lol
its good to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom