cpu running hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra21

Solid State Member
Hey, having some cpu overheating problems, i just got a Zalman CNPS7000B-CU, and my CPU is running 60+ idle for some reason, also have a case fan on the back of my case which i installed a week or 2 ago.

Have a P4 Prescott 2.8Ghz processor

I installed it correctly and put on the thermal paste so im not sure whats wrong. Its running at 2600 RPM.

If anyone has any idea on whats wrong, could use the help heh.

Thanks

Using the paste included with the fan, although i heard the artic silver paste is the best one, might try find one.

Make sure you have good airflow. I recommend an 80mm fan (or higher if your case supports it) in the front and a 120mm in the back. Without good airflow even a fan spinning at 10,000RPm won't keep your CPU cool.

My case supports 2 80mm fans, the one at the back i have installed runs at 2000 RPM, dont have one at the front.

As for airflow it could be a possibility, my 7800GS runs around 50c idle and its not doing anything. Have some wires coming across the motherboard, like my case fan and the PSU cables attached to my motherboard.

I'l try and see if i can fix some of it inside and see if it helps.

Ta

Yeah make sure that you are following the instructions with the Artic silver. It should be PAPER THIN. I know to many people who just cake it on and then they wonder why it is so hot.

I dont know what the highest temp is on your proc. before it starts to get damaged so be careful with turning it on and leaving it on until you get this resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom