CPU Problems (won't start up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kreation

Beta member
After reviewing the stickies, searching through the forums, and trying to fix my own computer, I have had no luck.

The computer will start up, beep (high, then low) a few times, and then immediately shut off. The motherboard will still show the temp. I tried replacing the fan with one from Newegg, but that didn't do anything (and yes I applied Arctic Silver 5). The newer fan, however, doesn't point to the side of the case, but rather to the front or back of it. Is this a problem? Also, a tinier fan attached to the mobo will not run as well.

I have tried resetting the CMOS, but that didn't do anything either. Is this an overheating issue or a different CPU problem? Also, I'm not sure how tightly the heatsink is restin against the motherboard.

Any suggestions?

Canned Speech 1
Original post:
Help, My computer doesn't POST.

Reply:
List All components. (Specifics on Power supply Needed)
List the cooling setup and heatsink.
When did this problem start?
Did you add any new software or hardware as of Late?

Dissconnect all components except CPU, Video card and One Stick of RAM. Clear the CMOS by removing the small coin like battery for Two Minutes. Remove the motherboard from the case and place it on a hard non-conductive surface.

Turn it on and if it POSTs, Shut down, put it back in the case, add one component and repeat the process until it no longer boots. The Component that was added last most likely caused the Non-POST and should be RMAed and or Replaced.

Report Back.

Judging from the beep codes sticky, it seems like the CPU problem or overheating.

There's one power supply fan, one heatsink, and 2 smaller fans. Basic.. I'll give your advice a try. Wish me luck.

Oh just to let you know, the mobo fan is not working.

And I have not added anything new except for a fan since the old one wasn't working. I tried using the old one again, but no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom