cpu problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

natrat21

Solid State Member
my computer was working fine all day then an alarm started coming from the case so i shut down. then pulled the side cover off to have a look and fired it back up and noticed the cpu fan was not working, now i got a new cpu and put it in and the alarm has stopped but it wont load up past the boot screen and says the cpu is unworkable or has been changed to recheck the cpu voltage and when i try to go into to check voltages and such it freezes on that screen any help would be great thanks.

abit IP35-E, 4 gig ram, nvidia GT8800

Try clearing the CMOS with the CMOS jumper on the motherboard first. Also you said you replaced the cpu? You are sure the old one was fried? If so, did you get a new heat sink and fan and make sure it's properly plugged in with thermal paste applied?

honestly it sounds like you may have damaged the board, esp since it freezes in the bios... have you tried to flash the bios? that might be helpful, also something that could help, disconnect all your periferils, take out your ram, vid card, start it up, let it run for about 15 seconds, unplug it, let it sit for 15 seconds, and put everything back as it was. this resets your board and clears everything out, essentially purging everything.

ok i have jumped the cmos and discovered the cmos battery has failed so i will get a new one and see how i go ty for the advice guys

replaced the battery and still the same just comes up with a cmos checksum error- defaults loaded any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom