cpu pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would like a picture of this if possible

A Cpu with 15 bent pins will not go into the socket easily, it is not broken but will become broken if you force it into the socket and break/short out the pins.

i straightend out the cpu pins allready im using it right now some of the pins arn't completly straight their banana shape and one is zigzag shape but its fits in the socket and it works cause im on it right now hehe

by zigzag i mean like the pins hase a dent it goes straight then it curves not like banana shape but like a bent in the midle of the pin
yeah also i ran prime 95 for 3hours seems stable and everything
just gatta be care full next time i mess with it

OMFG im having such bad luck this week god **** it you know what just happend?
i tripped cause of **** dog and fell and i fell against my pc and
pc hit the wall i look back of the computer u know that silver part in the back were everything plugs into? well that was inside now with the motherboard yes it got bent !! **** it and also my psu
the black thingy were power cord goes got broken and big dent in the psu,so i took pc apart and manage to fix everything and fix the black psu thing with super glue and the mobo is just fine
everything is working fine like it was before **** wtf why did i have so bad luck this week?
heh i guess its fine and i will never never touch it again and next time ill watch were i walk ;)

the best thing to do when removing the heat sink is to run a program that uses alot of cpu or a bench mark program that will heat up the processor and soften the thermal past then try to remove the heatsink

^^ It still isn't guarenteed to work.

I think it has happened to most of us, it isn't nearly as bad with thermal paste as it is with a pad. A little twist works well with paste, but with a pad, I accept that I will rip it out of the socket, and make sure I lift it up completly verticle.

I wish I could see peoples faces when they do it though. I can imaging mine so well when I did it for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom