CPU Pin repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivens2k1

Beta member
I have like 10 bent pins on my processor, is it possible for it to be repaired? Because I've barely used it and it cost me alot. And will somewhere like PC world do it if so? thanks.

- Some of the pins are not on the outer edge.

The best way to do it is to get one of those retractable lead pencils with a METAL tip and use it to bend the pics back up. Do it slowly so you don't break the pins off.

Forcing it in to hard, yea I'm a moron. AMD Athlon 4000+ Socket 939

CED - That would just bend other pins though?

i used very very small plyers that i got awhile ago, i had to fix pins and a socket 462 that was given to me, the pins are a big bigger though

I use a 3mm or 5mm mechanical pencil. Works like a charm. I've bent a pin of 12 in my day... :) like it was said above though... go SLOWLY.

Will a credit card fit between the pins on that CPU ? That's how I did it last on a Socket A 462 I think.

Just some advice: If the CPU does not literally fall into the socket, you are putting it in wrong. NEVER push it into the socket, if it's on correctly it will just drop it.

Well I dropped one of my mates opterons once and the pins got a bit mashed, whipped out a knife from my tool kit and had them all straight before he noticed :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom