CPU ot Compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal46845

Beta member
I bought a Foxconn MB...Foxconn - Products: Motherboard

Specs show it takes 800FSB (OC)...I assume OC is overclocked...anyway, I bought a P4 3.0Ghz 800FSB Processor to put on it...figured it could handle the load, right?

Well, been having issues with the computer crashing in games...so I looked at the compatibility chart...http://www.foxconnchannel.com/EN-US/Upload/Compatibility/200606261444335607661MX PRO.htm

Wait, wait....what the...the motherboard says 800FSB, but won't take P4 800FSB processors? Can someone maybe provide insight to this?

Hehe, I did yesterday. Pain to do without a 3.5 Drive. The system seems to be ok overall...boots, runs Windows...but just curious cause Warcraft errors out randomly, but Memtest86 tests out ok...so maybe thinking the issue is CPU incompatability?

Sounds kinda weird 800OC what the he** is that sounds strange to me. So its 800 FSB overclocked. What was that an afterthought. I'll bet you a 500 Fsb would work fine. Have you tried to find a forum on the Foxconn site to see if this is a common problem.

Yeah, checked their forums. Nothing related to this issue.

Every once in a while the computer will just reboot, and the data from Microsoft says the BIOS is out of date for the processor. I updated just two days ago with a 9/20/07 BIOS update from Foxconn...but I'm still out of date???

Plus I can't get the CPU temp is always around 53 idle, 57 under load. I've heard that it too high...yes/no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom