cpu not working...at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshnx

Baseband Member
The electricity in my place jus started goin off n on all of a sudden and my ups doesn give any backup so the comp jus goes off too...well the problem is today when i went to turn on the pc it wudn come on...no beep,no fans nuthin ...the light on the motherboard does light up tho...besides that nuthin.did my board crash or somethin?

Sounds like you toasted something, hopefully it's the power supply. Possibly mobo. If you happen to have a spare PSU around, try hooking that up. If that doesn't do it.. cry.

Whenever your power comes back on after an outage it tends to surge, you should always unplug it, even with a surge protector.

usually when such a thing happens it's the psu...get a cheap one if you don't need anything fancy...or see if you could borrow one somewhere to test.

You should also change it to "Stay powered off" in the BIOS settings. That way it doesn't come on after an outage, and then get knocked back down by another sudden outage (has happened to me before).

You should also change it to "Stay powered off" in the BIOS settings. That way it doesn't come on after an outage, and then get knocked back down by another sudden outage (has happened to me before).

That's probably one of the best pieces of advice I've seen on here. I can't believe I hadn't done that to mine yet, power outages are terribly where I am.

hmm wait im not that computer savy ....by psu u mean the wire ? if it is then i have tried 3 already no luck tho the motherboard lights comes on but no luck wid anythin else...crap i hope i dun need a new motherboard...

Power supply. I think it would be your psu, I've had that happen to me sooo many times, and it was always the power supply that had failed (mainly coz im a cheap miser and get cheap psu's).

hmm will try buyin another psu...uhmm cheap one...i is miser tooo..lol...i hope its the psu then n not the mobo cuz its a really good mobo n i din even pay for it ...sigh good bye sweet geforce 6600 that wont work on my other mobo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom