CPU + Memory running at TERRIBLE speeds??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejjman1

Baseband Member
Running Windows 7, 64 bit.

I click on the thing in bottom right, then right-click Computer and select properties. The thing says I have 6.00 Gb, but (3.99 Gb usable) This I don't think is good.

When I open up a utility to look at computer stuff, My Frequency of memory is 530 Mhz.

I have timings set to 7-7-7-24, and did not mess with any voltage.

My 2.66 Ghz i7 is at 1.53 Ghz, which I think is not very good AT ALL either. If these problems sound familiar, I love help!

When I turn on my computer, my HD light makes this clicking noise twice, if that has anything to do with it.

The memory is brand new..
Thanks!

-Ejj

EDIT: Thought this was wierd.
memoryp.png

The cpu speed will change from time to time if you have EiST or C1E enabled, they are power saving options you can disable in the CMOS setup.

Some of the RAM sticks may either be bad or not seated correctlt.

Turn off computer, take out the RAM and rearrange them in the slots, make sure they are all the way locked in.

If the memory still reads incorrectly this means one or more sticks is dead. You will have to try one at a time to figure out which, either way you will probably have to RMA the entire kit.

The cpu speed will change from time to time if you have EiST or C1E enabled, they are power saving options you can disable in the CMOS setup.

Some of the RAM sticks may either be bad or not seated correctlt.

Turn off computer, take out the RAM and rearrange them in the slots, make sure they are all the way locked in.

If the memory still reads incorrectly this means one or more sticks is dead. You will have to try one at a time to figure out which, either way you will probably have to RMA the entire kit.

I already RMA'd a bad kit, after a piece broke. I just put these new ones in the computer not mroe than an hour ago.

I'll go ahead and look for EiST and C1E, and will re-seat my memory in place.

Thanks for the extreme response, if there's anything else you can think of!!

EDIT: I do not see either of these options in my BIOS.

I will try and take RAM out I suppose.

I seem to not be able to edit my post.

I found the error, and my last memory was not seated all the way down. Thanks for the obvious point out, Ste.

Now, my processor is still at 1.59 GHz. I couldn't find any of those options on in my BIOS.

Thanks a whole bunch!

x58 sli LE

There's a speed step, it is disabled.

There's a C1E option that is disabled aswell

My multiplier will not rise from 12x I have found! Even if I set it in the BIOS to 20x, it's still 12.

EDIT: Well, I just loaded the defaults, and my computer started, and I'm at 2.7 GHz. I have no idea what to say, but ya.

ANYWAY, ste, one last thing, I got my stuff in July or so, and my BIOS has an update on the 30th of November. Should I go ahead and flash it to the new one? Is it worth it? Doesn't seem too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom