CPU issues

drujbaftw

Beta member
Unusually low score in WEI and cpu z after a dust-off . Also I have a fresh new windows 7 .
My question is , can I do anything to revert this?Or am I doomed and need to buy a new laptop if I want to play medium end games again?

Attachments

• cpu.jpg
    cpu.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Check your power mode options:
Control panel=>Power Options="Choose your plan"- click "change plan settings=>click "change advanced settings"=>scroll down to and expand the "processor power management"

Check to see if the maximum processor state is set to 100%.
Also check to see what your minimum is as well.

I also noticed in the picture that you don't have your battery in, is that by choice?

I also noticed in the picture that you don't have your battery in, is that by choice?

I didin't take care of my laptop that well in the past , and my battery defective now . As for my procesor state , it was at 5% minimum and 100% maximum , set the new minimum to 50% .

Many laptops will auto-switch to a low power mode to conserve the battery. Including your cpu

I don't use a battery , and my laptop is allways plugged in .

Ok my charger is the issue , tho I dont really know why . I guess I'll have to buy a new 90w charger .

Last edited:
Ok my charger is the issue , tho I dont really know why . I guess I'll have to buy a new 90w charger .
Change the minimum to 100% and then check cpu-z. If both are at 100%, the processor will not "speedstep" down to lower frequencies.

If CPU-Z still says ~900MHz for the processor speed with both at 100%, then you have a problem.

I also noticed that your Max TDP wattage for the i3 is 25watts. This should actually be 35watts according to intel. After adjusting both the minimum and maximum, check and see if this jumps back up as well.

When I rebooted by laptop i had a message telling me that i have to connect a 90watt addapter . I allready have my adaptor connected . Could it be defective?
The problem persists .
L.E. I just put the battery back in and got 1.4 more ghz.

Attachments

• cpu2.jpg
    cpu2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 3
  • cpu3.jpg
    cpu3.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
you'll need to check your power pack.
It's very common for the power jack port to go bad, gets loose and loses connection from there. If you can wiggle the connector at your port jack and it connects/disconnects while you do that, then consider your options on replacing that too. Some newer laptop power jacks are not soldered onto the motherboard, they have a pig tail that plugs into the board, which should be an easy fix

Can always check the output of the power adapter if you have a digital multimeter.

Can check the output voltage/wattage with one.

Thank you for the awsome support , wanna know what the problem was? Low power from my extention cord , I plugged it in the main socket , and everything is fine now , but i prolly damaged my cpu and battery quite a bit due to lack of wattage I guess . Oh well my laptop works as good as a i3 can work . Thank you again for the great support .

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom