CPU isn't fitting into mobo Socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkfist

Banned
I ordered an AMD Athlon64 Venice 3000+ from NewEgg.com Retail and brand new, and I ordered a MSI Neo2 Platinum from AT user Xiode for 90$ used. Both arrived on my doorstep today, and I just tried installing the new parts.

I was pretty pissed to find out that the CPU did not slide into the pin holes instantly like it did with my Athlon XP 2800+ on my other motherboard. Everything is lined up perfectly, and it doesn't look at all like any of the pins are bent. I think something might be stuck inside one of the pin holes on the CPU socket because of the way it moves when I push on it.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Do you guys know how I might go about fixing this? I'm thinking of getting a toothpick and just poking each individual hole and seeing if that helps anything...

Anyone got ideas?

I hope you didn't buy the 754 version of the 3000+....

Well make sure none of the pins are bent, which you probably did by trying to place it in there, and BTW you might want to see if they accept bent pins or user-damage, because Newegg sure as heck doesn't.

And a CPU shouldn't "slide" into the holes, they should fit in the holes from above.

Who's the idiot now, bwhahaha

(You probolly wont get this, but I am sure as hell he will)

Counter-Strike said:
I hope you didn't buy the 754 version of the 3000+....

Well make sure none of the pins are bent, which you probably did by trying to place it in there, and BTW you might want to see if they accept bent pins or user-damage, because Newegg sure as heck doesn't.

And a CPU shouldn't "slide" into the holes, they should fit in the holes from above.

No, I didn't get the 754 version of the 3000+, I got the 939 Venice. .......

As for making sure the pins aren't bent, I have already. I didn't push down hard or anything because I know that would bend them, I'm not a dumbass like DJ-CHRIS here.

About sliding, I guess you misinterpreted. Fitting in from above=sliding in, in my book.

This post was mainly about finding a way to get out whatever the hell is stuck inside the pinholes on the motherboard, if there is any. I was hoping someone might've encountered this problem before and was hoping they'd know a way around it, as it isn't a major hardware problem like the motherboard isn't booting up, it's just that something's probably stuck inside. Not worth the trouble of sending it back to the manufacturer and all that shit unless it really IS broken, which I don't know yet.

a friend had similar prob with his P4.
that turned out that one of the holes in the edge was covered with plastic. Like a filure int hte molding (or what it called)
He scrached it with a nife, the hole apered. and the cpu fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom