CPU GPU temperature too high?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshalizee

Solid State Member
I have noticed that the CPU and GPU temperature are quite high on my system.
The CPU runs at around 44C-52C when idle and when gaming or running anything CPU intensive it shoots upto 60C-65C
My system specs are:
Intel Core2Duo E8200 2.66Ghz
2GB DDR2
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 512MB
320Gb WD HDD
32 bit Windows XP
Here's a screen when I archiving files...

tempshot.jpg

How is the airflow in your case?
what are your ambient temps?
Using stock or aftermarket heatsink?

You may want to remount your heatsink with some tx-2.

How is the airflow in your case?
what are your ambient temps?
Using stock or aftermarket heatsink?

You may want to remount your heatsink with some tx-2.

I'm using stock heatsinks,and the ones that came with the case.
I guess I'll have to apply TX-2.
But, what did you mean by the airflow and ambient temps?!

But, what did you mean by the airflow and ambient temps?!

Airflow is how much air flows through the case; most computers are cooled by running air through a heatsink (to take the heat away), in one part of your computer and out of another. So, how many fans do you have?

Ambient temperature is the average temperature of the room which your computer is in, roughly.

Also with airflow we want to make sure there are not a lot of cables blocking the flow of air throughout your case. You could post up a pic of the inside of your case.

Good:
3500618919_6e4c2f9be2.jpg

Bad:
172F8620-CB7C-1146-879DCD36CA8142EC.jpg

Well apart from the CPU,GPU and PSU fans, I have one external fan at he back of the case.that's a total of 4 fans.
I live in a generally hot country(and it's summer) the avg room temp I estimate is around 30C.
Do you think that it could be caused due to bad ventilation in the case?!

Currently I don't think I can post a pic of it, maybe I'll put it up later.
Either way, mine comes somewhere between the good and bad.

You could clean up your cabling a bit, add a front intake fan and remount your heatsink with tx-2.

Your ambient temp is tough though. It would be nice to get idle tems at 10C above ambient with a stock heatsink and 25ishC above on load. You really do not want temps above 60C on load with your cpu if possible. You may want to invest in an after market heasink to help as well.

Here is a good one at a reasonable price if it will fit in your case.
Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler W/TX-2 - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

What case do you have?

I have a very crappy ATX Mercury Cabinet. Yeah, I guess I should clean up and apply tx-2.

The heatsink you linked looks good but it also seems a bit big, will it fit into a standard case?!

It is 115.5 cm /4.6 inches in height.

You would need more room than that from the top of your cpu to your case panel.

I think you meant 11.55cm!! ;)
Yeah it will fit in my case nicely! I think I'll get that after cleaning out the wires!
Thank You for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom