cpu fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harnar123

Daemon Poster
I think its my cpu, because like it was having trouble starting up, I had to take off the overclock. Prime 95 just frooze my computer and stuff like that. Anyway to know for sure? O and how would intel know I overclocked? couldn't I just send it back for a new chip?

not sure if Intel would know you overclocked....but you may have over volted/ heated your CPU,...make sure to take off the overclock pull it out, if it started back up after the freeze then you didn't kill it

I think its my cpu, because like it was having trouble starting up, I had to take off the overclock. Prime 95 just frooze my computer and stuff like that. Anyway to know for sure? O and how would intel know I overclocked? couldn't I just send it back for a new chip?
No you couldn't send it back. With overclocking you will literally fry the circitry on the chip, there will actually be physical damange (may not be visible).

Intel or AMD WILL KNOW if your chip malfunctioned b/c of overclocking and will not RMA the product if it was overclocked.

Unless you tell them your CPU Fan crapped out and they are gullible to believe it, then you might be able to..

en, well I mean it still runs, and just played a hour of fallout at stock setting. I am pretty confused.

Ok, basicly I set my gpu fan to 100% instead and like far cry two just messed up instantly at 750,1866,1021. I think something is fried! because it didn't even get over 43c before the game just got it in the butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom