cpu fan problem, i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzedbunny

Solid State Member
ok today i was playing some games on my comp, as normal, when my computer restarts all of a sudden. Well since i havent cleaned the dust out of the fans forever i took it apart and took my cpu fan out of my comp and cleaned it out when I realized that i had snaped off 2 clips off of it (out of 4 clips that holds it down) this problem was making my fan really loose but not to the point where it will fall or i cant use it. So i put my computer back together when i noticed that when i turned on my computer that it was making a funny beeping sound and my monitor was showing nothing and it shut down after 6 sec of being on(my cpu fan does spin). When i took my cpu fan out my cpu was blazing hot and it al my fans work too. So I let it sit for an hour making it cool again then i put the fan back together and put every thing back in place,turned on my comp, then it did the same.... so im in need of some help. Is my computer not working cause i messed up my fan or is my cpu messed up. thx in advance

well a cpu is gonna be pretty **** hot not matter what. i mean with a stock fan and such your looking at 130 ish give or take so thats gonna be burning hot to your touch but at a safe level for the cpu. so if they are all working and spining you should be alright. find a program to monitor your temps if you mother board has those sensors on it.

but see the thing is that it overheats and shuts down the computer within like 6 seconds, meaining the temperature is too high on the cpu and if the fans are working that wtf u know lol. And also a i mentioned that a loud beep sound keeps playing when i turn it on and it goes on for the whole 6 seconds that the computer is on, until it turns off by itself. Could it not even be my cpu ? or my cpu fan ? ne other suggestions ? thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom