CPU fan problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
Recently it's getting hot as summer is coming and the room temperature starts to increase. The problem is that my CPU fan is very noisy and reports around 4500 RPM and my CPU is around 50-60 on load and I think it is around the optimal temperature. In winter the temperature was around the same temperature but less noise and lower RPM. There are 3 sensors on the motherboard and they are System, CPU, and AUX. I don't know what the AUX means but can you tell me which is causing the CPU fan to speed up?

Thanks.

Recently it's getting hot as summer is coming and the room temperature starts to increase. The problem is that my CPU fan is very noisy and reports around 4500 RPM and my CPU is around 50-60 on load and I think it is around the optimal temperature. In winter the temperature was around the same temperature but less noise and lower RPM. There are 3 sensors on the motherboard and they are System, CPU, and AUX. I don't know what the AUX means but can you tell me which is causing the CPU fan to speed up?

Thanks.

Today's cooling fan have sensor to automatically adjust the speed to help cool the device down. I do not know if you'll be able to adjust the auto setting but you might want to check in your BIOS. That is the one place to see if you can control the auto setting. Most likely it's CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom