CPU fan problem... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to advancedgeek Send a message via MSN to advancedgeek Send a message via Yahoo to advancedgeek
Default CPU fan problem...

Recently it's getting hot as summer is coming and the room temperature starts to increase. The problem is that my CPU fan is very noisy and reports around 4500 RPM and my CPU is around 50-60 on load and I think it is around the optimal temperature. In winter the temperature was around the same temperature but less noise and lower RPM. There are 3 sensors on the motherboard and they are System, CPU, and AUX. I don't know what the AUX means but can you tell me which is causing the CPU fan to speed up?

Thanks.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
PeugeotEnthusiast

Send a message via MSN to NayNay1991x
Default Re: CPU fan problem...

How many Fans Do you have In your PC.. Maybe You Need another Case.. Try and Add more cooling.. What is the Temperature on the CPU ?

Old 05-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Law
Wizard Techie

Default Re: CPU fan problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedgeek View Post
Recently it's getting hot as summer is coming and the room temperature starts to increase. The problem is that my CPU fan is very noisy and reports around 4500 RPM and my CPU is around 50-60 on load and I think it is around the optimal temperature. In winter the temperature was around the same temperature but less noise and lower RPM. There are 3 sensors on the motherboard and they are System, CPU, and AUX. I don't know what the AUX means but can you tell me which is causing the CPU fan to speed up?

Thanks.
Today's cooling fan have sensor to automatically adjust the speed to help cool the device down. I do not know if you'll be able to adjust the auto setting but you might want to check in your BIOS. That is the one place to see if you can control the auto setting. Most likely it's CPU.

Closed Thread