CPU Fan only works when I tilt my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
As the title says.

If I leave my PC standing as normal, my CPU fan does not work (Zalman CPS10X with Fanmate 2). As soon as I tilt my PC against the wall about 20degrees the fan turns on. I have checked all the connections and they are fine. The heatsink is one the type that bolts on through the motherboard to a bracket on the back, so it's on very solid. My temps are 35c even with no fan. I can play games and my PC still is fine, but that is beyond the point.

I can not figure it out for the life of me.

I figured it out.

I tore my PC down, noticed that my motherboard tray had come off some of its mounting points, they are obviously part of the circuit somehow. So when I lent my PC back, the tray fell into place and the fan came on. I put the tray back into place properly and tightened it up and the fan seems to be working now.

after tilting the computer, and the fan turns on, does it work without being on a tilt afterwards or as soon as you put it back to normal does the fan stop?

Also is the fan clean?

Does the fan make any buzzing noises or does it sound like it is trying to run when it isn't spinning?

The fan stays on for a while and then stops. I have removed the fan from the fan mate 2 controller and just shoved it straight into a high-powered chassis fan slot that is running it at full speed. Its loud and annoying but atleast it is on.

I am not quite sure what the issue is. I am thinking the fanmate 2 that regulates the power to it won't provide enough power to get it started anymore as the fan has slowly worn down and got stickier and tougher to rotate or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom