Cpu fan mod :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Gootch

TechyBurst
Ok well, i got a 4500 rpm CPU fan that runs 100%... but my CPU still overheats... SO i kinda modded it a little... i had another CPU fan laying around so... i superglued it ontop of the cpu fan thats on my heatsink now and connect it to my other fan controller... now both fans at 100% and at 6000 RPM. Now will this burn out the fans since its going past its default RPM??? oh and my cpu is super cooled now woohoo!!

I dont think it will burn out the fans as it is not 1 fan going at 6000 RPM its 2 combined. Im not sure about it though, better wait for some more replies and see what other people think

Whatever is reading your fan speeds can only be reading from one fan and there shouldn't be any reason for your other fan to be burned out and going beyond what it can do. The only way it'd be going faster is if you were giving it more than 12v

What you need to do is get two fans that spin in opposite direction but blow air the same way and set those on top of each other. That creates a vaccuum and is actually more efficient than what you have.

Get some pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom