CPU Fan Help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syn3sthesia

Solid State Member
my CPU fan has just started acting up. When I turned on my PC today, it started fluctuating randomly. I started the task manager and it seemed to change depending on the CPU usage. This would be fine with me but it is extremely loud when running games and really annoys me. Any help would on changing the speed back would be appreciated.

Ummm , the fan is probably responding to heat changes. Unless it never did that b4. I have a pc that i downloaded a free copy of speed fan. Now the fan speeds up to changes in the processor load. If you did not install a program like this you could have a fan that is getting ready to go bad. If the fan does you could lose your processor.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

if this didnt happen before then no. clean her out from dust , and lube her up with some liquid spray and ull be fine

if it was made loud then yes u can buy a quieter one but then RPM Will be lower this means ur CPU will heat up more than before

well if it never did that before then the fan is going bad. but if this has always been happening its just speeding up the fan because the proccessor is getting hotter so it compensates the heat. and if you think its loud you could get a new fan. what socket is it i would be more than happy to help you find a new cpu fan.

and lube her up
No do NOT lube the fan.
1. fans are cheap
2. fans are dry , no lube to start with
3. dust and dirt will be attracted to the oil
3a in a few weeks or months the oil and dust will form a gum
4. lubed fans never run as fast or are as reliable.
I know there are website that show you how to lube a fan , DON'T DO IT.

..at work ,bad fans go in the trash

I already bought a new fan from newegg. But I'm not too educated on CPU fans. I know I have an Intel Pentium D LGA775 Socket processor. The fan I bought is a thermaltake. It diddn't seem like a cheap one. But if there is a fan that is extremely better, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom