CPU fan error/ new MOBO ?

cp0020

In Runtime
hey guys, i have 2 questions. 1. i installed a new MOBO today and plugged it all in and booted it up to make sure it all worked. when i booted it up it did it's thing then booted up into windows. these are completely different mobos so i thought i would have to reinstall windows. everything is fine though and working properly but i am just wandering if i should do a fresh install just incase?

2. when i installed this MOBO i also installed a new cpu cooler. it's a Chilltec black CPU cooler and the MoBo is an Asus M4A79XTD EVO. my problem is when i turn the computer on it gives me an error saying "CPU fan error!". i press F1 to continue and it boots up like normal. and the fan/ cooler is working just fine. i tried clearing CMOS and it didnt give me the error till the 2nd boot. any suggestions?

1. It is recommended to do a fresh install on a new board, but not necessary. I switched boards before, and I was fine. If you start having problems, definitely reinstall.

2. That is because the fan is not plugged into your motherboard's CPU fan pins. You can fix this by going into BIOS, go to the onboard devices, and it should have on there a way to disable it from being detected. (different BIOS has different tasks, sniff around)

1. It is recommended to do a fresh install on a new board, but not necessary. I switched boards before, and I was fine. If you start having problems, definitely reinstall.

2. That is because the fan is not plugged into your motherboard's CPU fan pins. You can fix this by going into BIOS, go to the onboard devices, and it should have on there a way to disable it from being detected. (different BIOS has different tasks, sniff around)
awesome! thanks so much for the reply. i will do this here in a few. i'll report back after :)

Back
Top Bottom