Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlH67

Baseband Member
hello guys

recently built my computer and got it working but theres a problem

i have the i5 sandybridge 2500k on the asus sabertooth p67 rev3 motherboard

when i load up i get an alert that the cpu temp is to hot

i go into the motherboard to look at the temp and it starts at 80 then rises to 97 C and stays on that

i have 5 fans in my case 2x 120 mm on top of case

2x 120mm on the front of case

1x 230 mm fan on the side

the cpu fan is apparently running at 1950 rpm ish per minute (the cpu fan is the intel standard which comes with the cpu)

i have alot of fans in the case and the cpu is running very fast but yet the temp is really high

so i expect it to be very cool

is the motherboard detecting it wrong? or is it a fualty fan but i cant see why running at that speed it would be that high

also were the fan is at 97 C youd expect to feel abit of heat coming of it when switched off but you cant feel any heat

i cant becqause i dnt have operating system installed and if the temp is true could damage cpu because it will take awhile to install

it was pre applied so i didnt get any at the time.. i cant get past the first load up p art because of the current tempture so if it the motherbaord being faulty and even if i do reapply thermal paste what can i do

If your temps are still Hot then you need to take the heatsink off and examine it closely for problems. A leg is bent or something, to much thermal paste can cause your temps to rise but not to that extent unless its just gobbed on.

Mine does the same thing on load but my temps are ok. Did you attach your heatsink/cpu cooler power cable to a separate fan controller? Some of them are really bad.

Also, check that the fans are blowing in the right direction. You can see the direction by looking at the sides of the fans. They usually show you the direction in which it is turning and blowing into.

If that isn't the problem, then check that the saber tooth thermal mask is not adding more heat into the motherboard. If it is then you could try removing it.

By the way, did you overclock your CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom