CPU "core" test ? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 04-09-2015, 07:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default CPU "core" test ?

is there a way to test an Intel core 2 CPU to see if it is working the way it should. i do not know if there are 2 physical cores, or if its a virtual 2 cores. a while back i was playing minecraft, and in the middle of the game it slowed down abruptly, and it has been extremely slow every since. its an Intel core 2 6300 running @ 1.86Ghz (stock). i KNOW how dated this thing is, but this is the speed that i have become accustomed to. i do not spend time on anything fast, on purpose. not that i wouldn't like to be "supersonic". its just not in the budget yet. the only other game i play is solitare. and my old Radio Shack Tandy 1000 could likely take care of that. i have run anti virus, anti spyware, and advanced system care trying to see if that would fix it. but no go.

XWrench3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru
Default Re: CPU "core" test ?

Core 2 Duo is 2 physical cores. If CPU-Z shows it's running at 1.86 then it's running the way it should.

"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire Mechwarrior Online = Thunderson PSN = PP_Mguire

Need Descent and Mechwarrior buddies!
If I helped you, give a thanks! ↓
Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Grinch
Default Re: CPU "core" test ?

It could be throttling back due to heat... Have you checked your tempertures using something like HWMonitor from cpuid.com ?? Run that while playing your game, and report back with your tempertures.
c0rr0sive is offline   Reply With Quote