CPU Bracket problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LM-Tech

Baseband Member
Made a thread here to get better results.

Heres a problem i had maybe you guys can help..

When i tried to install the new Cooler, i took off the original backplate
to replace it with the 1366 one that came with it.. then i noticed that the backplate
Held the HEATSINK and the CPU Locking system... so ill need a separate plate (the little one to hold just the locking system one) can i buy this? or something any thoughts?

this might help you understand more..

2009-10-21192236.jpg

Thanks again.

Ok, so you're replacing the stock bracket with the new one that came with your fan..?

if so it should be a simple swap out.. (universal size)? everything should fit the same unless somthing is dif with your new bracket verses your stock one..

Yes i was replacing the stock one with the one that came with it, the one that came with it its fine..
the problem is the stock one.. when i take it off it comes off with the cpu locking system also..
threres no way to just leave the locking system and put the new bracket on top of it, im assuming its because
the motherboard is a DELL. so i was wondering if i could buy the locking system bracket that holds it down separate.

Ah, Dell is very proprietary, you are better off going with a new setup, but sometimes their cases are designed along with the motherboard and you may have a hard time lining up a new motherboard in your Dell case. Gotta love Dell ;) so if you go with a new Motherboard be ready to grab a new case too.. and maybe a PSU.

Ah, Dell is very proprietary, you are better off going with a new setup, but sometimes their cases are designed along with the motherboard and you may have a hard time lining up a new motherboard in your Dell case. Gotta love Dell ;) so if you go with a new Motherboard be ready to grab a new case too.. and maybe a PSU.

Don'y they custom make even the Mobos now? So that we can't upgrade and fit our things in their little tiny box? :/ Evil.

Don'y they custom make even the Mobos now? So that we can't upgrade and fit our things in their little tiny box? :/ Evil.

yep.. it's all custom now adays.. I just got rid of my last Dell box that was standard dimensions and holes, Micro atx but it was workable..

Last one I worked on for a friend, we pretty much had to junk the whole thing.. but he had a power serge or something that ruined all the drives and rom's tho.. but the box and PSU were useless.

Yeah thats what i thought so to, dell is evil lol, but i already have a new Mid-tower case and a new corsair psu, so i guess ill be ordering my new mobo by next week.. im tired of this dell crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom