CPU Bracket problem. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default CPU Bracket problem.

Made a thread here to get better results.

Heres a problem i had maybe you guys can help..

When i tried to install the new Cooler, i took off the original backplate
to replace it with the 1366 one that came with it.. then i noticed that the backplate
Held the HEATSINK and the CPU Locking system... so ill need a separate plate (the little one to hold just the locking system one) can i buy this? or something any thoughts?

this might help you understand more..

Thanks again.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: CPU Bracket problem.

Rephrase yourself abit better i don't quite understand what your problem is pal.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Put that bracket back on. Your heatsink bracket goes on top of the socket bracket.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Yee Ol' Salt

Ok, so you're replacing the stock bracket with the new one that came with your fan..?

if so it should be a simple swap out.. (universal size)? everything should fit the same unless somthing is dif with your new bracket verses your stock one..

Find my post helpful? IF so please rate me by clicking the green check mark under my avatar.

:D Antec 300|M3N72-D|AMD PHM II X3 BE 720 3.0ghz (CodeName "Heka")|OCZ Stealth Xtreme 600w|2 two gig OCZ DDR2 1066 gold 4 GB of Ram|BFG-GTX 260 512||Samsung 42" Plasma| XP x86 sp3 /Vista x386 and x64|
The face I make everytime I'm on my machine :eek:
Old 10-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Yes i was replacing the stock one with the one that came with it, the one that came with it its fine..
the problem is the stock one.. when i take it off it comes off with the cpu locking system also..
threres no way to just leave the locking system and put the new bracket on top of it, im assuming its because
the motherboard is a DELL. so i was wondering if i could buy the locking system bracket that holds it down separate.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Yee Ol' Salt

Ah, Dell is very proprietary, you are better off going with a new setup, but sometimes their cases are designed along with the motherboard and you may have a hard time lining up a new motherboard in your Dell case. Gotta love Dell so if you go with a new Motherboard be ready to grab a new case too.. and maybe a PSU.

Find my post helpful? IF so please rate me by clicking the green check mark under my avatar.

:D Antec 300|M3N72-D|AMD PHM II X3 BE 720 3.0ghz (CodeName "Heka")|OCZ Stealth Xtreme 600w|2 two gig OCZ DDR2 1066 gold 4 GB of Ram|BFG-GTX 260 512||Samsung 42" Plasma| XP x86 sp3 /Vista x386 and x64|
Old 10-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post
Ah, Dell is very proprietary, you are better off going with a new setup, but sometimes their cases are designed along with the motherboard and you may have a hard time lining up a new motherboard in your Dell case. Gotta love Dell so if you go with a new Motherboard be ready to grab a new case too.. and maybe a PSU.
Don'y they custom make even the Mobos now? So that we can't upgrade and fit our things in their little tiny box? :/ Evil.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Yee Ol' Salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnToxication View Post
Don'y they custom make even the Mobos now? So that we can't upgrade and fit our things in their little tiny box? :/ Evil.
yep.. it's all custom now adays.. I just got rid of my last Dell box that was standard dimensions and holes, Micro atx but it was workable..

Last one I worked on for a friend, we pretty much had to junk the whole thing.. but he had a power serge or something that ruined all the drives and rom's tho.. but the box and PSU were useless.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Yeah thats what i thought so to, dell is evil lol, but i already have a new Mid-tower case and a new corsair psu, so i guess ill be ordering my new mobo by next week.. im tired of this dell crap.

Closed Thread