CPU Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyker

Solid State Member
Computer Beep

I got CivIV but had trouble getting it to play. 2K Games said it was a common problem with ATI V.Cards and told me to uninstall the drivers and then go to ATI.com and reinstall new drivers: http://www.2kgames.com/civ4/support_ati.htm.

So I do all that and get the game up and running but now whenever I play a game on my computer there's a random beeping coming from inside my CPU, doesn't beep when watching movies or playing music or normal things just when gaming.

Does any one have any idea what this could be or how to get it to stop?

Its not actualy comming from your CPU its comming either from your internal Speaker or Exterior Speakers. Try removing the drivers, using Driver cleaner pro (free) to clean everything then reinstall the new ones. It may work.

Hey Ste it Driver Cleaner seems to have worked, I gave Chelsea a go with ManU a couple times with FIFA 06 and didn't get a beep; it was random though sometimes would be a while from when I started playing until it actualy beeped so not positive it's actualy gone, but hope it is.

Thanks again, much faster and more helpful than the people at Alienware tech support.

Well, its still beeping meaning the problem wasn't fixed. So, Try taking your video card out, blowing out the slot and card and replacing it make sure it is secure correctly and tighly.

This started happening after The tech support told you to remove the drivers and install newer versions right?

I get beeps form my speaker when I press too many keys on my keyboard at once. You shouldn't get beeps while playing games though...

what are the rest of your system Specifications?

No, mate what I was trying to say was it was a random beep all along so I didn't know if the Driver Cleaner had worked, because sometimes I would be playing for an hour with nothing then it'd start up. But now after playing some more it's come back.

Yea this all started after I had to uninstall then reinstall the drivers to get Civ IV to play.

This isn't the too many keys at once kind of beep, this is much louder higher pitch and more anoying. It sounds like the same beep the computer makes on start up right after you power it on.

P4 3.4GHz
Radeon X850 256MB
Audigy 2 ZS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom