Couple of questions about the new PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDSCOrPiO

Daemon Poster
First, my external hard drive seems to be running slower then usual. The previous installation of xp, it was going really fast for transfering files and what not. Any ideas how to fix?

Second, my computer freezes pretty much every night, and only at night. I've tried turning off my screen saver and power options, but it still freezes, i donno if it could be causing it but i think my mobo doesnt support my processor, what i mean is it runs it at 2.8ghz by default, although it is a 2.6ghz. So maybe that has something to do with it? The mobo has the latest bios version out.

Specs:
AMD Athlon X2 5000+ Black Edition
M2N-E SLI Motherboard
2Gb OCZ Vista upgrade ram
Asus Fanless 8600GTS

thats extremely possible. your mobo has overclocked the processor for some odd reason and it can cause problems. my comp for some reason will give me the blue screen of death if I overclock it faster then 3.2 ghz (i have a 3 ghz processor) mainly cuz i dont have the necessary cooling, it gets wicked hot then shuts down and boom. you can go into your bios and power it down to the recomended settings, however I suggest finding a computer tech who knows what hes doing to help you if you dont know how to do it or find some kind of overclocking software like easytune 5 to turn the power down some. this may or may not fix the problem, it is odd that your computers running it at that speed instead of the basic. it may also help to update your bios. updating the bios may fix it as well, the bios version may not reconize your processor, updated bios may recognize it fine and you wont have to worry about tweakin your power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom