Couple questions...

Gabis1207

Awkward moment when...
So I just purchased a brand-new motherboard (AsRock FM2A85X Extreme 6), Case (Corsair 200R), and Graphics Card (Radeon R7 250) From MicroCenter in Madison Heights, Michigan.
I put these parts into my case, along with a WD blue 1TB HDD, AMD A10 5800K quad core processor with heatsink/fan cooling, LiteOn cd/dvd reader/writer, and two DDR3 RAM cards of different brands and capacities (Gskill and Crucial, Both at 1333MHz, and 4GB and 2GB respectively).

Here's the issue.

The computer is connected to a Proscan flat-screen via HDMI through the graphics card output. When the computer is turned on, a 'no signal' message is displayed on the television. I have removed and cleaned dust on the RAM, removed the CMOS battery and replaced it after five seconds, re-seated just about everything, and still, I get no signal on the television.

My brother believes that our power supply (Diablotek 350W)
might not be strong enough for the parts that I have installed.

Is the power supply too small for my build?
Could that be what's causing our computer to not send a signal to the television?
I have no OS, but want to install Ubuntu and have created a bootable disk, but haven't gotten any farther, as I can't see what's going on.
Are there some suggestions as to what I should try to get this thing running?

Last edited:
i know pretty nothing about psu but that psu does look like is way small for ur rig. easy test would be to try another psu if u have one to test and also try putting a lesser video card in and see if it works. also if ur brother has a rig with a bigger psu try the R9 250 on his and see if it works.

What wattage would you recommend for the build? 450 or thereabouts?
I also don't have a larger PSU or smaller Graphics card that I could use to test.

Last edited:
i been using a corsair 650tx on my machine for the last 3 years never had any issues with power.
if u can get a nice 600 or 650 for good price ull be set for a long time. u might be able to with a little less wattage psu but im not 100% on that.

ohh and please don't get a crappy psu cuz it that blows it can take half or ur good parts with it.
never ever ever cheap out on the psu. i seen a few friends learn that the hard way lol.

I posted a link to one I want your opinion on, but a moderator has to approve of it first.
It's the "Diablotek DA Series 500-Watt ATX Power Supply PSDA500" for 19.99 on Amazon

i actually have a Diablotek DA 450 on my back up that came with the case i havent had any issues yet but i dont run that pc all the time and i only tests parts make sure they work and web wen i have my main rig taken apart for maintenance. im actually thinking of replacing that psu at some point.

i dont know how much u wana spend but here one i found is more but might be worth it in the long run they have a 500 watt one but is only 6 dollars less lol
Amazon.com: Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt ATX/EPS* 80 PLUS (CX600): Computers & Accessories

hopefully that helps im off to work ill check back in later

The idea is to keep it below 50. I spent 15 on the PSU I have right now, thinking it'd be more than enough. If that one is worth the 60, then I can talk to my parents about it, but they're already angry because we've gone way over budget.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom