Could some one ID this AMD CPU for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHAWN said:
Change the fsb to 133
The hightest the motherboard will let me is 132.

I am not going to worry about it as the CPU is running a little on the hot side. And I since it's only a media center, it's not like I am missing on anything with 300Mhz.

Besides, as of next month, I think you are going to be finding Socket A motherboards getting harder to find as a lot of the disty are no longer going to be importing them into the country.

yeah. I just need to make my socket a mobo break so i can get a venice. (does a voodoo dance around the computer)

SHAWN said:
Change the fsb to 133
Harper said:
I am not going to worry about it as the CPU is running a little on the hot side. And I since it's only a media center, it's not like I am missing on anything with 300Mhz.
Recent oportunity allowed me to upgrade the CPU to a Athlon 1800. Now 300Mhz loose is some thing that I might now worry about. However this new cpu was detecting at a 1150.

So with a loss of 650Mhz, you can understand that i might be a little annoyied. Anyways, after having a chat with the disty, they suggest that I take it in for RMA.

However when I ready to take appart the computer, I noticed this unmarked Jumper. Normally I expect that this would be the Clear Cmos jumper. However after downloading the latest manual from the internet, this is the "set System Jumper" to set system bus frequency between 100/133/166/200MHz.

Short: 100MHz - 100MHz : Fix FSB 200MHz CPU
Open: 133/166/200MHz - Supports FSB 266/333MHz CPU

So I have taken the opened the jumper, and instantly, I got my 1800Mhz.

Please note that the physical manual that came with this motherboard has no listing one what this jumper accutally does. However the manual (version 1.003) on the internet does list it.

Now that I got that sorted out, I got half a mind to swap my Motherboard and CPU between W.M.D. and my Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom