COuld my mobo be stuffing up my graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

In Runtime
hey all

ive got a MSI MS-7005 motherboard, and since ive put a new 6600GT in, it doesnt run graphics properly, and often develops lines all across the screen.

I have already got a new case to try to see if that fixed to problem, as many thought it could be over heating. i tryed the card in another computer, and so far, it seems to work correctly.

The guy that sold me the card told me it must be my motherboard, as it is too old

My motherboard is 4x AGP, and on the box tells me it works on 4x/8x. could this be the reason? when i told the guy that sold it to me, he just said, yes, it does work on 4x... but 4x is dodgy.

Can anyone tell me why my graphics dont run? is this to do with the mobo, or something else?

i have the lastest drivers on the mobo, and graphics card

i really got no idea whats going on here

i was told that aswell, so i went and and bought a new case a few weeks ago... the case has a 400W PSU in it

400w sounds like it would be enough for your system. But it could also be a cheap psu, or one with low voltage rails. Do you have any idea what your rails are and the brand?

If its not the psu, then it could be the agp slot or the video card. I assume the video card you have in there before worked fine. You could try the 6600gt in a different pc, and see if you dont have the same problems. This would help figure out what exactly is causing the problems.

ive tryed it in another computer, which has 8x AGP... so far it has worked correctly.

One other thing the guy who sold it to me told me that it was a conflict between my card, and the SiS chipset that my motherboard carrys. i know this is now the best brand, but is there something i can do to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom