Could I Keep my Formated HD in a PC and change out all teh parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOGA

Daemon Poster
Hey Guys, I got a question.

Lets say I have a PC

and I want to place new parts in the pc (MOBO, CPU, GPU, RAM) but, keep PSU (no problem) ROM drive (no proble) and a windows formated HD (problem)

This is want to know what I can do. replace the parts, but still keep that HD formated with the windows but uninstall all the old drivers and just install the new ones after installing the parts.

Could I do this or would winodws knowtis a new MOBO?

Thanks, Noga

Re:

Hello,

Should be fine.

If you've installed any chipset drivers, then I would uninstall them first before replacing the motherboard.

well heres the thing, I think there hidden beause it a Alien-Ware and I dont knwo how to get the mobo drivers off

EDIT: nevermind i found the chipset drivers under the nividia ones but no MOBO ones

are there MOBO drivers?

an easy way to uninstall drivers is to boot in safe mode and uninstall the drivers or in add/remove programs, or in device manager. in normal mode most times uninstall of drivers is not successful because the drivers are in use.
to find the drivers for your new motherboard, search for drivers + it's brand + it's model. usually helps to visit first of all the homepage of the brand.

im not lookign for driver for new mobo jsut hte one in my PC now

so i can uninstall them

what about reinstalling with my Alienware respawn disk then putting in the right drivers?

Alienrespawn is a image disk that uses that Norton Ghost image disk software

EDIT:nevermind ill just try it and if not then ill find a new windows install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom