Corsair RAM voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

snafupen

Baseband Member
i bought a set of dual channel 512 x2 corsair value ram from newegg near the beginning of the summer. since purchasing them i have had nothing but problems, and it has only now occured to me to RMA the stupid things. but before i send them back, i would like to know something about voltages and ram. first off, my EPOX mobo has the default voltage set to 2.7v. when i set it back to 2.5, the computer is unstable and the CMOS has to be cleared cause the computer wont start. anything less than 2.7v actually doesnt allow the ocmputer to start. so then i let it go at 2.7v, and i think i used to have it running on 2.7v for a long time, but the crashes became more frequent as time went on. so then i threw parts at my computer. (sound card, 2 vid cards, Antec PSU, new HDD from WD, a lot of stuff) but nothing helped the crashes. i posted on forums, this one and others, and everything everyone told me didnt help. i finally upped the voltage to 2.9v, and everything seemed to be fine, although i thought this voltage was a bit high for some value ram. well everything worked fine for a while until yesterday when my computer crashed once again. being outraged, i started fiddling. now at 2.7v, the ram will load windows and crash. 2.8 isnt much better. i have it back to 2.9, with no OCing, and occasionally ill come back from class to the logon screen, a dead giveaway that my computer crashed (although i would like to point out that it crashed while nobody was using it). i definitely plan on RMAing this crappy stuff and hopefully ill have better luck on the next set, but can anyone explain these outrageous voltages to me?

i would overclock it if your forced to use higher voltages anyway
if he's gotta raise the voltage to get stock speeds stable....what do you suppose the odds of him getting an overclocked couple sticks of RAM would be?

(psss, the answer is not very good)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom