corrupt files

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmtreezy

Beta member
corrupt files...
hi everyone...about a year ago on a toshiba laptop-info below-my wife complained that her 2003 Word files were mysteriously turning into unreadable garble. Text became symbols...or, a translation box would appear, but there was no way to turn this garble back into her original file. Most of her saved photos also disappeared. (The files remained, but each page was blank upon opening.) So, I wanted to bring this to this forum and see exactly what the heck is going on....I had my opwn problems with the laptop. I transferred over 2100 .jpegs from my iomega hard drive and created a disc using nero. All was fine until I viewed the disc on another dvd player - info files were black, some pictures would only be viewable part way, and the disc player was struggling to play the cd. When I plugged my Iomega drive into our old 98se work horse and used an older version of nero, I made the cd and it played flawlessly in 2 separate dvd players.
Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600) TOSHIBA Satellite 2450 PS245C-04P40P
System Serial Number:
Enclosure Type: NotebookProcessor a Main Circuit Board b2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: TOSHIBA Portable PC Version A0
Serial Number:
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: TOSHIBA Version 1.10 01/20/2003
Drives Memory Modules c,d60.01 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
36.60 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R6012 [CD-ROM drive]

EPSON Stylus Storage USB Device [Hard drive] -- drive 1
HITACHI_DK23EA-60 [Hard drive] (60.01 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 578100, rev 00K2A0A1, SMART Status: Healthy 512 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM 0' has 256 MB
Slot 'DIMM 1' has 256 MB Local Drive Volumes c: (NTFS on drive 0)60.01 GB36.60 GB free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom