Core i7 build not booting with all RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say just RMA the board for now, Jesse. The RAM works fine, we've already verified that, so it'd have to be the board's slots.

And Mak: I already looked all over the BIOS for different memory options and couldn't find anything for tri-channel being enabled or disabled either. We weren't even able to get his memory to clock to the default 8-8-8-21 @ 1600mhz either...so it could possibly be bad slots if the BIOS update didn't work.

Ya, I am going to RMA the board to newegg. I hope I don't have problems in the future but its a computer haha. Good thing EVGA has a lifetime warranty for this board.

Sorry about the double-post. I downgraded from the latest bios to SZ1C and it reads all my ram and uses it in tri-channel now, but it won't let me clock it to 1600mhz. In the bios and post the board recognizes my 2 dvd drives but in windows the drives dont show up in disk management. Both drives are ide connected to the board.

Edit: I switched a few of the pata/sata settings around and it now recognizes my drive, my problem now is getting the ram up to 1600mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom