In Runtime
Hi guys,

Conroe E6600 2.40Ghz Core 2 Duo
Nvidia SLI 680i mobo
Geforce 8800 GTS
1GB DDR2 RAM
700w OCZ PSU
Case: Coolermaster Wavemaster

Ok here's the problem, I recently noticed in the POST on my computer, that the CPU was set to 1.86Ghz, even though the CPU is 2.40Ghz. In "My Computer" it read..

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU
6600 @ 2.40Ghz
2.40Ghz, 1.00GB of Ram.

After going into the FSB memory options in the BIOS, I changed FSB Memory from "Auto" to "Linked", this cranked the CPU up to 2.40Ghz, and it also changed the FSB (QDR) MHz to 1372.

Now, after I saved and rebooted the PC, the POST read 2.40Ghz, which is correct, then when I logged into Windows XP, in "My Computer" it states....

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU
6600 @ 2.40Ghz
3.09Ghz, 1.00GB of Ram.

My question is, whats the 3.09Ghz all about? Why does the first core show its correct speed (2.40) but the second one says 3.09ghz?

Also, since I cranked it from "auto" to "linked" the temperature for both cores has risen to about 53C, in idle mode, as opposed to 36C when it was set to 1.86Ghz in the BIOS. Is 53C normal for 2.40Ghz Core 2 Duo?

Thanks all.

try resetting your cmos , i had some weird speed readings after oc`ing my 6300,, and for the my computer readings the first one is the factory speed of the processor ,the second is the actual speed ,, so basicly whats happend is that youve oc`d your cpu to 3.09.. i had a similar problem and reset my cmos to fix it,, i think thats it anyways,, good luck

Hi IrishNinjaX,

When you mention resetting the CMOS, do you mean taking the battery out then putting it back in?

manowar said:
Hi IrishNinjaX,

When you mention resetting the CMOS, do you mean taking the battery out then putting it back in?

That's one way to do it. Another way is to move the "Clear CMOS" jumper from pins 1-2 to pins 2-3 (usually, check your manual).

Removing the battery is easier though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom