Cooler Master X6 Elite

Rovax

Beta member
Just finished installing the Cooler Master X6 Elite on a new Sabertooth z77. When I first started the PC I get a warning message (CPU Fan Error!)

Everything seemed just fine in the BIOS, temps were between 28-32 on the CPU. The fan speed however, would not go over 500 RPM. I changed a few basic settings such as Asus Optimal Mode, and in the Temp Control set the CPU fan to the highest setting. The only thing that seemed to accomplish was getting it between 6-700rpm.

Did some searching around, with mixed opinions and solutions. Is this normal? Is it intentionally keeping the fan speed low? I just want to know that if it needs to, it can cycle up above 1000rpm. New i5-3570k in there as well so it makes me slightly nervous. I just want my new baby to be ok! :)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

It is being controlled by the bios. You can go in to your bios and go to the monitor tab. Go where it says CPU fan control and set the profile to turbo for full fan.

Thank you for the reply. I had actually tried playing with the normal/turbo settings first first, where "Turbo" only bumped the fan speed up by 100. I've played around with it a little bit, and it seems to be working as intended. I've been keeping a close eye on temps and fan speed, never lets my cpu get above 40.

On another note, apparently one of the options which is the "Q-Fan Control" limits the speed of the fan based on requirements, rather than full out. Thought that was one of the first things I had tried as well, possibly in my haste I didn't save the settings.

TL: DR

Q-Fan control on the Sabertooth motherboards, when disabled, will allow your fan to run at full speed.

It is that way on almost all motherboards. Just each one has a different name for it. You would have been fine either way. When the temps got higher the fan would have got faster. AMD calls this "Cool and Quiet".

Back
Top Bottom