Converting video mp4 to rmvb

Status
Not open for further replies.

KazEkoV

Beta member
Anyone know a good program capable of converting mp4 videos to rmvb format?

and one more problem, my HD occasionally shuts down for no reason when i'm runnong my cpmputer. I knows when it's shutting down when i suddenly hear the sounds which i will only hear when i starts my computer. Is this the problem with my HD or my IDE cable?

Anyone know a good program capable of converting mp4 videos to rmvb format?
This is under the incorrect heading and should be posted under the software question, good that i am bored, or nobody would even open this post because this is a hardware form.
RMVB is real media variable bitrate.
You probably cant do this directly unless you use graphedit.
You may be able to do this directly if you find a proper encoding program that can read RMVB and you have mp4 encoding codecs.
The problem is, mp4 is a very long list of revised codecs...
MP4 is only a container.....
Please post this in the software section....also specify what the target device is.....im assuming your encoding to a device.....like a PSP or an IPOD...

A sample list of all the MP4 codecs that exist...
MS MPEG4 V1
MS MPEG4 V2
MS MPEG4 V3
DIVX V3
XVID
DIVX V4
DIVX V5
DIVX V6
MPEG 4 V10 H.264

and one more problem, my HD occasionally shuts down for no reason when i'm runnong my cpmputer. I knows when it's shutting down when i suddenly hear the sounds which i will only hear when i starts my computer. Is this the problem with my HD or my IDE cable?

This is a valid hardware question and SHOULD be the title of this post.
Im assuming, the sound is a spoolup....it sort of sound like a flash thristor charging....well, its not shutting down.....
Your hard drive is broken.....the head is basically going to the reset position and trying again...

Get bootable diagnostic software from your hard drive vendor, usually under diagnostics....or downloads.....and either get the floppy disk version or the cd version.....

You will have to boot into the program, so make sure you set your bios's boot order so that it either boots the floppy drive first, or the cd rom first....so it will actually boot your diagnostic program first instead of your operation system....

Inside the diagnostic program, there should be some options of testing...
The two you will be using are only surface test, and full test..
Run the surface test first....and if that doesnt find anything, run the full test.

If you get some error, then i hope its not one of those maxtors/western digitals from the crappola era....circa 2000-2003(the basically knew they were selling defective drives, so they changed their warranties to only 1 year)......
Well, anyways....if its under warranty, request an RMA and replace the dirve.

If the drive has data on it....and you dont want to completely loose it.....and you can still read the drive...somewhat...
Then buy a good quality drive, like a seagate, install the drive and move all your data from the bad drive to the good drive.....RMA the bad drive, and then when you get a replacement.....sell it on ebay.....

Another thing, is that you could enable SMART in your bios, so that is can actually detect drive damage.....

------------------------------------------------------
OR

Your systems power setting are set up turn off the disks. These can be found under the screensaver options in display properties....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom