AMD 2600
1 GIG of RAM
Radeon 9800 PRO
Biostar m7vit Pro board
LG DVD +/- burner (on th fritz)
Sony DVD burner (brand new)
HDD(s) 120 GB and 160GB
Running XP Pro

The issue I am having is when I open my Sony drive it accesses the HDD (HDD activity light blinks) and slows down the performace of my computer; my LG works fine. This was occurring when I had just a regular cd-rom in there as well (thus it shouldnt be the drive). I have switched the drives settings (from master to slave and vise versa) to no avail. I have also tried another cable and another power supply(450 Watt). Unless it is the motherboard i cant think of anything else it could be. Any ideas people?

nope i have the 120GB as master and the 160 as slave on the primary and the LG as master and the sony as slave on the secondary. I have tried to disconnect the 160 and the LG and run just a master on each controller and the sony as well as the generic 56x cdrom still does the same thing. I have also tried the sony on my friends computer and it is working fine. I think it is my controller it just doesnt like the devices plugged in. Im looking to move up in the computer race as it is. looks like ill be going with a 64bit AMD with SLI board (looking at the Asus A8N-SLI board) though i am waiting on the release of ATIs new card to see if it is able to compare with the SLI technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom