Continuous hardware problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

crumornus

Solid State Member
So about four months ago a friend of my helped me build a computer. We installed everything and it worked fine for a few hours until the PSU died. So I sent it back and got a new one, and everything was working fine for about a week. Then one day my computer was unable to start due to some smart health status thing that said my hard drive was bad. So I sent that back to and got a new one. Everything worked for about 2 weeks but then my computer kept getting blue screens every time I tried to start it up. So I tested my RAM and it failed Memtest, so I sent it back. I just got the new RAM today and installed it into my mother board. But when I started my computer up I continued to get the same blue screens. I talked to my friend and he said that the next most likely cause of the problem might be my mother board, but suggested I make a post on here.

If anyone has any advice for me it would be much appreciated.

Also the only things that I have not replaced are my CPU and my motherboard, so should I just get them both replaced to be safe?

i have BIOSTAR TA790GXB3 AM3 AMD 790GX ATX AMD Motherboard
HIS H687F1G2M Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
OCZ Gold 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1066LV4GK
Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

I second that the motherboard is probably toast. Odds are your other components were not bad at all but rather that the mobo was the problem all along. I seriously doubt that your CPU is damaged as they are tough little buggers.

Also, Pyrothrillah's suggestion is a good one. I would try ALL my parts in a different computer if one is available. Do them one at a time and test each one.

What i Would try is checking what kind of hard drive it is. if it's a SATA drive make sure you bios reflect this. if it's an IDE same advice. check you mother board battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom