Constant Rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdogg

Beta member
My actual problem is that I was distracted when putting the CPU back in, and I put it in UPSIDE DOWN!!!..So i got the silver nitrate(arctic silver), inside the pins on the mobo.(Socket 775)...
Anyone ever done this, know how to get this gunk out so the mobo will boot up now?

I can give the long story if anyone wants. But short story is.
My PC one day decided to start rebooting. I would turn it on, no beeps, it would start, monitor would NOT come on, and it would turn after after like 3seconds. Wait 1sec...then turn back on. Over and Over and Over until I pulled the power.
Checked PSU, same. Checked Vid card, same. Thought i checked ram. Thought it was the MOBO so i bought a new one...Did similiarly the same thing, but BEEPED at me this time.

I haven't actually completely resolved this, but I THINK it's the RAM now. Make sense?

could be ram, it would cause probs like that but also could be the cpu which has been for me constant reboots
unplug the cpu and see if its doing the same thing if it does could be cpu

best way to get the gunk out would be the artic silver cleaner, it works great but u will need to be very precise, well since its 775 it should be alot easier lol

I do believe you can buy little pins with a safe cleaning solution on the end to clean out the cpu slot holes as it happened to me once & took a few hours to get it all out for the cpu to actually work again, thats when someone on a net forum mentioned the pins, but yet to find any.

My actual problem is that I was distracted when putting the CPU back in, and I put it in UPSIDE DOWN!!!..So i got the silver nitrate(arctic silver), inside the pins on the mobo.(Socket 775)...
Anyone ever done this, know how to get this gunk out so the mobo will boot up now?

I can give the long story if anyone wants. But short story is.
My PC one day decided to start rebooting. I would turn it on, no beeps, it would start, monitor would NOT come on, and it would turn after after like 3seconds. Wait 1sec...then turn back on. Over and Over and Over until I pulled the power.
Checked PSU, same. Checked Vid card, same. Thought i checked ram. Thought it was the MOBO so i bought a new one...Did similiarly the same thing, but BEEPED at me this time.

I haven't actually completely resolved this, but I THINK it's the RAM now. Make sense?

had the same problem.. it's the RAM.. i had to pull it out and reinsert it making sure the pins got properly connected..

had the same problem.. it's the RAM.. i had to pull it out and reinsert it making sure the pins got properly connected..

So, you're 100% positive that the arctic silver on the pins couldn't be the problem? Power supply couldn't be powerful enough?

OP : What are the FULL specs of the computer in question?

So, you're 100% positive that the arctic silver on the pins couldn't be the problem? Power supply couldn't be powerful enough?

OP : What are the FULL specs of the computer in question?

Did i say i'm 100%sure?.. I said it was the RAM, that i had pull it out and put it back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom