Constant computer restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

beltz02

Solid State Member
Cube Parts (all new)
Aspire X-Qpack - Clear Windows & 420W Blk/Blue (case) / custom 420 Watt Power Supply

Mach Speed Matrix P4M800 Socket 478 Motherboard

Intel Celeron 340 2.93Ghz 533FSB Socket 478

Ultra 256MB PC2100 DDR 266MHz

pqi POWER Series 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 266 (PC 2100) System Memory

DIAMOND Stealth S85AGP Radeon 9250 128MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card

Problem 1.

When I first put it together I could power on the machine but nothing would show on the monitor. The monitor was in working order. After placing the processor into a 2nd computer that confirmed that it wasn¡¦t the problem. I replaced the mother board with this mach speed one. All the problems were solved.

Problem 2.

This is where it gets tricky; a few days ago my computer was just restarting on its own when I wasn¡¦t doing anything and sometimes when I was. I went into my computer „³ properties „³ unchecked the restart option on error

Its running at 29-30 degrees C which is 86 degrees. The shut off is 140 degrees Fahrenheit

Anyone have any ideas at how to stop this, or what the cause may be?

Thanks in advance

Problem 1

Check your graphics card is seated correctly and that the monitor cables are in properly, try blowing the dust out of the sockets (though is probably no dust, but just to check).

Problem 2

Check overheating in general, that is graphics and processor.

thanks problem one is fixed

its really not overheating, I've even installed a second fan and an "exhaust" type suction

someone here said that it might be my registry on windows that was acting screwy.

I totally reformatted my hard drive and installed it fresh. Once I had everything installed I poped in a USB flash drive so that I could install AVG antispyware on the computer. This instantly caused it to restart and since then its been doing the random restarts again

Another person said that it might be a conflict with my RAM. I tried them each individually with the same result as when their both together....anyone have any other sudgestions?

I would boot it and as quickly as possible, check your system log for any errors. This may help detect the culprit.

Control Panel> Performance and maintenance>
Admin tools>Event Viewer> system log.

Hope this helps!
Corey:)

The other most likely culprit, IMO is you caught yourself a virus. Did you have anti-virus installed prior to going online or vice- versa?

yes sir I did... I'm on a college network we have to have virus protection before we can connect

something strange happened a bit ago. I disabled the onboard soundcard and it stopped rebooting ...for about 45 minutes. Then it just got in the kick of rebooting again and again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom