Connection Issue - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 03:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Connection Issue

I have a problem with my computer which is REALLY ANNOYING. I'll be playing WoW, on AIM and on a browser just carrying on with my day. Then all of a sudden, network connections stop. I can no longer start up a new browser, but every program i am still currently on, WoW, AIM, etc will continue to run until stopped. This problem goes away from either 1 minute to 10 hours. The only way to get rid of it for sure is to reboot which is a hassle. And there is a problem when rebooting that during the startup jingle, my speakers will only display static. Does anyone have a solution for both these problems? mainly the first one? Thanks =)

Old 09-10-2008, 09:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Lexluethar
Default Re: Connection Issue

Don't think it is an internet issue. Sounds like a browser issue. Reinstall IE7 or Firefox (whichever you use). Make sure you have all of the current windows updates. i've had similar problems in the past with IE 7, office documents, and Sonic media player. If you click to run the app and it isn't starting, check your task manager and see if the device is running there. If it is end the task and try to restart the program.

Reinstallation fixed the problem (minus Sonic).

Old 09-10-2008, 08:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

its not just for IE and Firefox, its any program im trying to run. If i start a new WoW, it'll think im not connected, if i try to shut off aim and try to open it again, still wont open... =(
Old 09-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Lexluethar

Okay, guess I was confused. So WoW IS NOT connected anymore? Or it continues to work and stay online, but any other application will not work online?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

indeed
Old 09-11-2008, 01:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Techie

are you using a router? if you are do a factory reset and set it up again, also if you are using DSL or cable Power cycle your modem for at least 10 min. as for your static update your soundcard drivers or make sure all connections are in.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

im using a seperate network device called TRENDnet, its a small blue adapter that connects through USB. So im not directly connected.

Closed Thread