Connecting the power button

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristo33

Solid State Member
I am building my first PC, I have a P23G motherboard and a X-Qpack box (Micro ATX). Heres the problem, the wire coming out for the power button and the wires for the LEDS, have a Mini connector with only 2 sockets. There are no ports on my motherboard for the 2 socket Mini Connector. I also have checked the motherboard documentation (PC CHIPS documentation is notorious for sucking) and it does not show anywhere to plug in the front LEDS & power switch. Also on the mother board there are pins labeled panel 1 that is arranged like this * * * *

My panel connector sockets are arranged like that but backwards. So it will not plug in there, but it will fit into the USB 2 pins. I don't know if anyone has seen this before and if there is a way to work around this with adapters etc.... I tried turning it on from the switch on the power supply, but it is as dead as a door nail, but I'm assuming this is because the power button is not plugged in. I have emailed tech support, but have not gotten a reply yet and being a help desk coordinator myself I know there are people who just care about meeting their quota rather than giving the best solution for the customer, so I don't know if I am going to get a good response.

Thanks a million I was getting confused. I tried plugging them in but no help. I think I am having trouble understanding the layout. I have the following:
Reset SW - 2 sockets
Power LED - 3 sockets
Power SW - 2 sockets
H.D.D. LED - 2 sockets
They all have 1 black cable, I was wondering if you could help me figure out what connector goes on what pin. This is my first time doing this.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom